Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Poem for Aarnav on his 10th Birthday

Aarnav

Your name means ocean,
you mean the world to me...
My love for you is deeper
Than the deepest abyss at sea.

You're funny, smart and equally silly
And most times the life of the party
You're always game for fun,
and a supersized meal that is hearty!!

I know sometimes I seem harsh and demanding,
and even hard-to-please or unfair...
But that's because You are my first born,
and its only because I care.

You're turning 10, big number, Oh my!
you're growing up so fast,
where's my little boy!!

It feels like just yesterday
just the two of us in our yellow house
You chewing on everything within your reach,
and me singing countless lullaby's.

You are my best-est boy,
my friend, my joy and my pride...
you will always be a winner in my eyes,
be it Holocom or Got Fries!

The next years will quickly fly,
bringing with them big changes.
You will face decisions big and small
Some may seem upon which your life hinges.

I want you to know, I'll always be there
to help you and guide you in any way
I'll be your rock and you can trust me...
Because you've got a friend in me.

Embrace your life with open arms,
Live it the best you can.
Do to others what you would have them do to you,
Being true to yourself, will make you a better man.

As I rest my pen, and get ready
to email this poem to you
I see you coming back from school,
and rush to the door to hug you.

No comments: